If you are experiencing poor audio on calls, try these steps:
- If the problem is only with a specific telephone number (not all calls), try calling from another line. The issue may be with the person you are calling if only happening with a specific telephone number.
- Increase the phone’s volume and ensure it is not muted.
- Remove any cases or covers that may be inadvertently covering the microphone or speaker.
- Turn off Bluetooth. Device may be connected to an external microphone and/or speaker.
- Enable/Disable Airplane mode. This will re-establish connect with the Altice Mobile network.
- Reboot/Restart Device
- Update the phone to the most current OS/Software version available. Phone manufactures release updates to optimize performance.
- Change Wi-Fi Calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
One-way audio, no audio, or echo:
- If you see a headphone icon in the notification bar, plug in a headset, turn off the phone, remove the headset, and turn the phone on again.
- Turn off Bluetooth on the phone.
- Turn off both the TTY mode and hearing aid options.
- Android devices:
- Wipe the cache partition.
- Apple devices:
- Turn off Wi-Fi Assist in Setting > Cellular > Wi-Fi Assist (must scroll to bottom)
- Reset network settings in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Uninstall or disable downloaded calling apps, such as Google Voice, Skype, Teams, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc..
Static, low, muffled or garbled audio:
- Blow in the microphone hole to get rid of any dust or pocket lint that may be inside.
Headset audio is poor
- Wired: With the headset still plugged in, restart the phone.
- Wireless: Charge the wireless headset completely.
- Turn off Bluetooth on the phone and turn it back on again.
- Make sure the headset successfully pairs.
- If the problem continues, contact the phone manufacturer concerning their headset support.
If issue persists after following steps above:
- Please contact our Customer Service Agents for additional assistance.
- Before contacting us, document 2 examples of the issue that includes:
- Date & Time
- Telephone # originating the call
- Telephone # receiving the call
- Location of device (specific street address)
- Network Connected to (Optimum 5G, Optimum LTE, Optimum WiFi, etc.)
- Signal Strength (0-4 Bars)
- Device Make & Model
- Device Software Version/Baseband