For phones purchased online at optimum.com/mobile or by phone
For a refund of the purchase price of your phone, return your phone within 21 calendar days of the purchase date. You may return your phone by trackable and insured mail or delivery service, as long as you:
- Message one of our Optimum Mobile experts to initiate your return (even if the package was undelivered)
- Return the phone in its original package with all original contents undamaged and in good working condition along with proof of purchase
- Phones may not have any material alterations to the phone's hardware or software
- Refunds will be less any rebates, discounts, and/or applicable fees:
- $50 restocking fee for phones
- $75 for accessories missing from the original package
- Returns must be postmarked no later than 14 days and returns received more than 10 days after the postmark date will not be processed. Late returns won't be refunded, and you are responsible for the full cost of the device
- Refunds may take up to 30 days to process
- If you return your phone in a damaged or altered condition, we may elect not to process your return, and you will remain responsible for the payment of the full cost of the phone, including any installment payments (if financed through Optimum Mobile)
- Recommended actions to back up and erase your phone can be found here
Important: If any items (a) are returned after the specified return period; (b) have been physically damaged, modified, or damaged by liquids; or (c) are missing any parts, you will not receive any credit on your purchase price and we will not return the item. Returning your merchandise does not automatically terminate your service. In order to cancel your service, you MUST contact an Optimum Mobile expert.
Note: If you decide you do not want your phone before it is delivered to you, you MUST contact an Optimum Mobile expert to set up a return in order for your refund to be properly processed. Otherwise, your account will continue being billed.
For phones purchased at an Optimum Mobile store
To receive a refund of the purchase price (less any discounts or rebates) or to exchange a phone, purchased in an Optimum Mobile store, return your phone in its original package with all original contents undamaged and in good working condition along with the receipt, to any Optimum Mobile store within 21 days of the purchase date of the original phone. Phones may not have any material alterations to the phone's hardware or software. The restocking fee is $50 for phones and $75 for accessories missing from the original package. Cash purchases will be refunded by check within 10 business days.
Recommended actions to back up and erase your phone can be found here.
Accessories and certified pre-owned devices are final sale and non-refundable.
Optimum Mobile SIM cards are non-refundable.